An easy to prepare quiche. Serves four.
1 9″ pie crust, refrigerated pre-made from the grocery store works great
2 C coarsely chopped fresh spinach
3/4 C coarsely chopped ham
3/4 C grated cheddar
Hefty sprinkle of grated parmesean
6 large eggs
1 C half and half
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450º.
- Line a glass pie plate with crust. Fold extra, overhanging dough under to give the crust a nice edge and decorate rim with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake crust for 4-5 minutes until it’s a little drier and slightly bubbly to pre-bake the bottom so it’s cooked when the quiche is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. It can be warm, but not hot.
- Lightly saute spinach in a little olive oil. Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 375º.
- Add filling to crust. First ham, then spinach, then cheese.
- Blend eggs, cream, and a dash of salt and pepper in a blender or by hand.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese, spinach and ham.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. The very center of the quiche should jiggle slightly.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Try other fillings, but they should be cooked and not watery.