From http://www.food.com/recipe/wholesome-homemade-honey-whole-wheat-bread-32607, but modified a bit. The original makes 4 loaves, I half it to 2 loaves. I use a stand mixer with the dough hook instead of kneading it by hand.
- 1 envelopes yeast
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cups white flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, molasses, honey and salt and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture and then gradually add flours.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in buttered bowl and let rise until double.
- Punch down and let rest for a few minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 parts and shape into loaves.
- Place in greased bread pans and let rise for about an hour.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes.